Last year, a committee of builders and designers revamped the ISS Design Awards, replacing the previous feet/meters categories with new tonnage categories that now include:
Sail or Power – Best in Sail <500 GT (above 24m), Best in Sail 500 + GT, Best in Motor <500 GT (above 24m), Best in Motor 500 <1500 GT, Best in Motor 1500<3000 GT, Best in Motor 3000<5000 GT, Best in Motor 5000 + GT
We are excited to announce the launch of the new design award format, which provides us with an opportunity to host and recognize the very best in the industry. The award ceremony will take place at The Ritz-Carlton on Fort Lauderdale beach on Thursday, October 26, 2023.
The registration process will be available soon. To participate, the designated vessel administrator will be required to complete the following steps:
- Each vessel administrator must obtain permission from the yacht owner for their vessel to participate in the awards process.
- Next, the vessel administrator will need to complete a portfolio, which will be uploaded to a private section on the ISS website that is exclusively dedicated to voting and judging. The judges, who will be selected from among peers, will evaluate the entries based on their design expertise and practical understanding of vessels. The awards committee chair will collect all scores. It’s important to note that judges will not be permitted to vote in a category if they have a connection with a particular vessel.
- The finalists in each category will be informed in advance and requested to submit additional materials for the awards presentation. It is recommended that they have a representative attend the gala to accept the award if they are declared the winner.
- The portfolio must include an image gallery of the vessel that showcases specific areas, such as the exterior, interior, and technologically advanced special features.
- The portfolio should include a description of the vessel’s distinctive features and the reasons why it is exceptional compared to other yachts in terms of design, practicality, performance, and craftsmanship. Additionally, any new advancements in yacht design, such as environmental innovations or noteworthy inventions, should be highlighted.
- Upload a general arrangement plan.
We look forward to receiving your nominations soon. Please contact Vanessa Stuart +1 954-525-6625 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.