INTERNATIONAL SUPERYACHT SOCIETY BENEFITS
Consider membership in the International Superyacht Society
The International Superyacht Society (ISS) was founded as a not-for-profit trade organization in 1989 and is the only international group whose sole purpose is to enable growth through best practices in the large luxury yacht industry worldwide. Senior management of more than 80% of the superyacht industry’s major companies now participates in the Society. Your membership enables the Society an even stronger effectiveness. Here’s how:
- Your perspectives are important and your voice is heard by the industry at large through ISS programs and initiatives.
- Your participation helps heightens your visibility as a primary Society mission is to foster business-to-business networking. At least one European and two USA major meetings are held each year with a growing number of collaborations occurring globally.
- You benefit from educational programs, awards, and other activities that help keep you informed and recognized.
- Your membership contribution is a public service to your industry.
ISS’s Membership Year is from the fiscal date from when you join. While a membership renewal campaign is conducted in the late summer/autumn, we welcome members at any time.
ISS Supporting Membership is the most visible category the global association offers. Supporting Membership includes the tagline "Steward of the Superyacht Industry" and includes prominent visibility at all ISS events, invitation to participate in the management of global issues and brand positioning amongst the most distinguished companies in the marketplace. ISS Supporting Membership includes 10 fully-privileged memberships for your company's executives.
ISS’s growth membership category due in large measure to the stature of being an ISS Corporate Member. Companies recognizing the increasing complexity of the global large yacht industry recognize ISS’s global reach. Corporate members designate a "title" member while ISS extends full membership privileges to an additional four company designees. Corporate Identification Statements (CIS), logos and links appear on the ISS site.
INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
Internationally based regional associations are encouraged to join as their entire membership benefits from a 10% discount on Society membership, broad discounts on ISS events, use of ISS member logo, voting rights and eligibility to serve on ISS Board and committees.
Yachts are encouraged to register as members and have a full listing on the ISS website including principal specifications, charter/sales information and photos of the vessel. Specific yacht member crew are eligible for associate member benefits.
Open to qualified professionals (for example: Naval Architects, Captains, Lawyers, Engineers, etc.) and specialists with more than four years of experience in their declared area of expertise, these members benefit from an enhanced website listing with descriptive text and recent project milestones and successes. The new ISS site includes a link to your site.
Individual members have voting status in all Society interests and are encouraged to participate in working committees, with organization of Society activities, and by seeking and holding office on ISS’s Board of Directors. Individual members are further encouraged to promote the interests of the large yacht industry through sharing their thoughts with news and opinions through the Society's committee structure, social media and groups, e-blasts and bringing interested guests to Society meetings and symposia.
Qualified crew serving and/or with experience on vessels 25m + are encouraged to join ISS. The Society continually seeks methods to enhance professional development and provides crew educational forums designed to assist with life onboard as well as transitioning from the sea to land-based yachting careers. ISS membership heightens a crew member’s stature both at sea and in the industry.
The Society offers students a discounted membership to encourage them to learn about and join the yachting industry. We provide mentoring opportunities for those individuals that wish to pursue the many diverse career paths in the global yachting industry. To be eligible for ISS Student Membership, an individual must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college, university or technical school.
Benefits for All ISS Memberships
- Rights to use Society membership category logo; sent following receipt of membership application and fee
- Enhanced listings on ISS website for Professional, Corporate, Vessel and Association members
- Voting priveleges for ISS Board and yachts and industry leaders in the Desgin Awards and Awards of Distinction
- Eligibility for appointment to ISS Board of Directors, advisory boards and committees
Gala ticket discounting (by membership category):
- Supporting Membership - discount on ten (10) tickets
- Corporate Membership - discount on five (5) tickets
- Professional Membership - discount on two (2) tickets
- Individual Membership - discount on one (1) ticket
- Industry Association Membership - discount on five (5) tickets
- Vessel Membership - discount on five (5) tickets
- Crew Membership - discount on one (1) ticket